Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life

Last weekend was rough. I found myself wondering why I was working for peanuts and watching life pass me by. I missed chap gor meh dinner for the first time in my life. I felt shitty that my grandma had prepared my favourite dishes for squat. I felt lousy that I couldn't play Ban Luck with grandma on the last night of CNY. I felt lousy having to microwave my reunion dinner and masticating it whilst trying to finish up my work at 2am.

Grandpa was also diagnosed with cancer, but I could only speak to him over the phone. When I finally met up with grandpa, I was too tired to talk, and ended up sleeping on his couch - the result of an all-nighter. I felt I was losing myself. I felt crappy. But I thank God for an extremely supportive family who've never breathed a negative word. I love my family. If I ever carve a name for myself in this industry, its all due to my family.

I guess I felt vindicated when the deal went well and everything else kinda fell into place. 3 deals. I want to see 3 deals to completion during my tenure here. Hearing "Great job," "Pretty impressive" from my Director helps as well I guess =). Press on.

Now I must focus on being more technically competent. I must.

Labels:

Free Blog Counter