Happy Birthday Ling!

Dear Ling,
Happy 22nd Birthday. 22nd birthdays don't come by often.. so.. enjoy it before you start celebrating your 30s... then... 40s! =)
Thank you for 21 years of siblingship. Thank you always crying when we fought which always led to me being caned. Thank you for letting me wear your glasses when my vision started getting blurry. Thanks for bringing Ruffles down cause I'm just too damn lazy. Thanks for running slowly with me when I was trying to get fit again.. and then leaving me to bite the dust when I told you its ok to go at a faster pace. (*$&#(@) Thanks for the timbuk2 bag and the pair of haivainas which I totally wore out and subsequently tore (too heavy). Thank you for scratching my car and telling me it was a small scratch (when it was anything but).. And thank you for telling me you wrecked the car damn bad... only to laugh out "April Fools!!".
Thank you for making me more sensitive to how girls feel.. and giving me totally useless advice on girls. (I pretended I needed advice) Thank you for helping understand girls better (although I am quite sure they weren't made to be understood) and thank you for not introducing any hot girls to me. (I mean, why would I need hot girls in my life??) Thank you for looking so pretty that everyone around always asks "wah lan.. sister so pretty, what the #$%^ happened to Daniel?" (to which I always say "I was the prototype") Thank you for spending my money at Crystal Jade.. and always not bringing your wallet when we go out for lunch/dinner/breakfast - or bringing your nets card when they obviously don't accept nets.
Thank you for educating me on what it takes to be an older brother. We've all grown up now, and it's amazing that it felt like yesterday when you asked me about the JC pageant. Look at how things have changed! Remember how you were crying before MSU interview? =) I've learnt to see things through other people's perspective because of you (although some work is still needed in that department). All the problems you had with guys.. and me with them and your friends.. it made me think.. and I guess I now have a different perspective on life (or some parts of it). I remember promising not to interfere so much with your life after JC and telling you I trust you to make the right decisions. Well, you've been doing fine so far.. except for some situations which required intervention - to be fair, you asked for help ah!
Thanks for taking care of Dad, Mum, Mel, Ah kong, Ah mas, Ruffles while I am away. Always be that great friend and daughter/granddaugther/sister/cousin that you are. Having you around is truly a blessing for them and me (especially if you introduce hot girls to me).
Anyway, remember never ever to let what people say of you define who you are or your sense of self-worth. Be yourself. It's got you this far - so I'm guessing you're pretty much alright as a human. Be confident - knowing that you can. Make a difference in the lives of others. Go for your dreams.. You have my full support... But you must go all out and never be satisfied with second best in whatever you decide on. Having said this, think carefully and weigh the pros and cons. Take a holiday or something, think it through - don't rush a decision.
Also, listen to Noah.. I think he gives you pretty good advice... kinda weird coming from me.. but I think he understands guys better than your girlfriends. More importantly, he seems genuinely concerned.
Take care.. don't wreck the car.. although I am hoping you do.. so we can get a new one.. HAHA.. keep feeding Ruffles so he'll be nice and fat.. and we can roast him for Christmas next year. Don't ever let someone take away your sense of self worth! Keep reading this blog.. i'll still post finance stuff for your reading pleasure.
Love,
Kor
26 September 2008
PS: I didn't send you flowers.. too expensive.. negative NPV.. extremely high depreciation somemore.. in fact.. probably negative NRV.. Plus, I imagine there must be a few bouquets in the house by now. So.. what the hell right?
PSS: To guys who are interested in my sister. Sorry man.. you guys still gotta get past me. I'm still the *#$&@ protective brother that I was, and I'll always be. Deal with it. I'll be watching you. And if you try to play punk, I'm gonna hunt you down. I'm not joking.
Kor
26 September 2008
PS: I didn't send you flowers.. too expensive.. negative NPV.. extremely high depreciation somemore.. in fact.. probably negative NRV.. Plus, I imagine there must be a few bouquets in the house by now. So.. what the hell right?
PSS: To guys who are interested in my sister. Sorry man.. you guys still gotta get past me. I'm still the *#$&@ protective brother that I was, and I'll always be. Deal with it. I'll be watching you. And if you try to play punk, I'm gonna hunt you down. I'm not joking.

<< Home