Finally. Some Good News... =)
Dear SMU students:
Haven't talked in a while. I have two announcements to make.
1) I just want to confirm with you that we will be going to New York City during Fall break. We will have the opportunity to visit Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia University. I have confirmed with these institutions already and don't anticipate any change.
It is really an amazing time to visit these institutions. Our department will pay for the trip. Since this is such a wonderful opportunity, I have requested for the departmental approval to go for 3 days/2 nights instead of the original plan of 2 days/1 night. We will leave on Oct 12 and return Oct 14. RuthAnn has kindly made reservations for a private bus and for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express right in the center of Manhattan. To save some cost, we will staying in groups of 3 and 4 per room. RuthAnn has family responsibility and cannot join us on those days, but a graduate student Guohua Li will join us as our helper. I will give you more details later on but please save the dates.
2) Another important announcement is that next Thursday there will be a subprime crisis lecture in AEM. I have requested Lewis Wirshba, the Managing Director of Credit Suisse and CFO of CS Americas, to spend some time alone with the SMU students. Can you talk among yourselves and let me know your rough class schedule next Thursday? I will try to set something up that reduces class conflicts if possible.
David
Haven't talked in a while. I have two announcements to make.
1) I just want to confirm with you that we will be going to New York City during Fall break. We will have the opportunity to visit Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia University. I have confirmed with these institutions already and don't anticipate any change.
It is really an amazing time to visit these institutions. Our department will pay for the trip. Since this is such a wonderful opportunity, I have requested for the departmental approval to go for 3 days/2 nights instead of the original plan of 2 days/1 night. We will leave on Oct 12 and return Oct 14. RuthAnn has kindly made reservations for a private bus and for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express right in the center of Manhattan. To save some cost, we will staying in groups of 3 and 4 per room. RuthAnn has family responsibility and cannot join us on those days, but a graduate student Guohua Li will join us as our helper. I will give you more details later on but please save the dates.
2) Another important announcement is that next Thursday there will be a subprime crisis lecture in AEM. I have requested Lewis Wirshba, the Managing Director of Credit Suisse and CFO of CS Americas, to spend some time alone with the SMU students. Can you talk among yourselves and let me know your rough class schedule next Thursday? I will try to set something up that reduces class conflicts if possible.
David

<< Home