Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Blues

This morning, I woke up early, brushed my teeth, took a bath, packed my bag, did some reading then strolled down to catch the shuttle bus for class. I stood around the designated pick-up point thinking.. "Hey.. isn't there usually a crowd waiting for the bus by this time?" I then realised, to my absolute horror, that the bus had left early. #$%&^*#(@!!! Not wanting to be late for class, I decided to do some sort of a fast walk, tracing the route that I had gone jogging on just last night.

So I trudged up, feeling the burn in my calves and thighs with each and every step I took. I swear that the lactic acid accumulated from running last night had yet to dissipate. Anyway, I managed to make it to class on time - and now, I feel like my legs are going to drop off. Haha.. Anyway, this is all good for Project Fatman. =)

I also attended a career talk by Bain and Company. I was pretty impressed by their presentation. But then again, if they can't even impress us, how can they pitch to clients right? However, it really seems like they've got a great culture going on there! Transfers to the various global offices... A Bain World Cup organised for soccer teams from the different country offices... Nice! Anyhow, I put my name into their database, and I guess I'll be dropping my resume in pretty soon. Seriously doubt I'll be getting anything. But oh well... maybe can "blind chicken eat worm" (literal translation of a hokkien idiom).

More than anything else, what struck me most was that the Cornell alumni played such a big role in recruiting students from their alma mata. The partner who spoke was the one who sparked the recruiting process at Cornell. I wish that one day, SMU alumni will be able to do so on a similar scale. It's one way that will help forge a stronger SMU identity and school spirit. But maybe I'm just being naive and idealistic.

The talk ended at about 8.40pm, and I soon found myself in Olin Library reading up for class tomorrow. Please, whoever knows about Synthetic and Enhanced Index Strategies... HELP ME! haha =) Anyway, I like Olin Library, I'll start studying there more often - the chairs and tables are really plush and there are some pretty cute girls hanging around! heh.. ;)

Free Blog Counter