Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boston/NYC...

Day 2 in Boston was spent lazing around the Boston Commons and walking up to Harvard/MIT and back downtown for dinner with Belle and Minseok. I really enjoyed walking around, the river views were amazing - (again, I rue the fact that I was walking around with a bro.. no offence ZB.. WAHAHAHA!!!)

I thought that the MIT and Harvard campuses were quite charming, but I realised that nothing compares with the beauty of the Cornell campus. I am really blessed to be spending a term in such an idyllic setting. Our campus really rockssss!!

Left for NYC on Sunday morning, and spent the day just chilling. Met Josh from OSC for dinner and shoju at a Korean eatery. I was surprisingly enjoying the Kimchi stew and pancake - given that I never did like Kimchi. Haha. It was fun reminiscing about OSC days and some of the stuff we used to do - lunches, tetrinet, SDIDs. Heh.. Apparently, OSC has been calling the NSFs back for reservist.. Shucks.. I thought I was done with the army. #$^#*(@*!

Monday morning was spent at Columbia University, where we went on a campus tour. Spent the afternoon at Central Park.. a very lovely place! I saw a bunch of kids playing baseball with their dads and caught myself wondering if I'll ever be such a dad. Time will tell.. Dinner was at a nice japanese eatery called Sapporo which served some pretty decent ramen at decent prices. Dessert at Ferara's followed. Fantastic. =)

Our NYC Fall Trip ended on Tuesday with a private lecture at the New York Federal Reserve and a meeting at a Goldman Sachs boardroom with some of their very brightest people. I've really learnt a lot from the folks at these 2 really outstanding institutions. Once again, this was made possible by the active involvement of a very gracious Cornell alum in Goldman. The power of alumni! heh..

Oh well, I guess now that fall break is over.. its back to the books and blogging about boring finance and econs stuff. =( *lol* Will post NYC pics later...



















































Free Blog Counter