Saturday, October 11, 2008

Denny, Denny Crane...

Boston is a really beautiful place. Although Alan Shore and Denny Crane were too busy smoking cigars to chill with me, I was lucky to have Zhaobin, Belle and Minseok for company. The day kicked off with a quick tour of Harvard Business School. It's quite different from Cornell. I think I'll put in an application for graduate school here since the markets are so shitty! I loved the atas-ness of their buildings, and the canteen was awesome! I absolutely enjoyed my salad!

After Harvard, I drove over to Logan to return the car and took the subway back downtown. I told Damien a couple of days ago that I was craving for oysters. (Looking back, it could have been this very craving that possessed me to drive all the way to Boston) Unsurprisingly, when I saw the Union Oyster Bar (the oldest establishment in Boston), I knew what I had to do. I highly recommend this place!The oysters are shucked live by skilled and extremely humorous shuckers, plus they have awesome clam chowder!

Oysters and chowder was followed by a walk to a famous pastry joint called Mike's Pastry. After queueing like forever for our Canolis, we embarked on the "Freedom Trail" - map in one hand, canoli in the other. Haha. I also spent some time on the pier just chillaxing, soaking up the excellent ambience with some Saxophonist providing some soothing background music. If you think Boston's romantic in the day, you should see it at night!

Whilst waiting for dinner with Belle and Minseok, I checked out Quincy Market, which had all kinds of food and samples... I love samples. They taste yummy. Probably because they are free. HAHAHA. Dinner was at Giacomo's, a very famous Italian Restaurant which typically sees queues stretching around the block. We had to queue up for quite a bit! Boy was it worth the way though. It's really awesome!!! After dinner, Belle suggested we head to Vittoria's for some coffee and Tiramisu. Not surprisingly, it was really awesome as well, and Minseok proved to be a master raconteur. All in all, it was a great day. I hope it only gets better!

I'll definitely miss Boston. But oh well, Cornell's not too shabby itself. =)







































































Free Blog Counter