Sunday, November 2, 2008

C is for cooking, its good enough for me...

With our plunder of fresh ingredients from our perilous and exhausting expedition to Wegman's (Damien and I ran along the exhaust-filled motorway) , I decided to try something different, albeit with the usual ingredients. I tried my hand at making some pork escalopes (thanks Colin for the spellcheck). It sounds fancy, but it's really simple to prepare and quite delicious as well.

Tomato thing:
1. Half some grape/cherry tomatoes
2. Slice some shallots or red onions.
3. Chop up some fresh basil
4. Chop up some garlic
5. Fry garlic, tomato and onions in pan
6. Add in fresh basil
7. Cook the mixture till it takes on colour
8. Set aside

Porkchop:
1. Get a 1 cm thick pork loin chop
2. Tenderise it with the back of knife
3. Season both sides with salt and pepper
4. Beat 1 egg in a plate and leave it there
5. Pour flour onto another plate
6. Season flour with salt, pepper
7. Pour breadcrumbs into another plate
8. Season crumbs with salt and pepper
9. Pat pork chop in flour, dust off excess
10. Dip "floured" porkchop in eggwash
11. Dip slobbery porkchop in breadcrumbs
12. Pan fry in oil (healthier than deep-fry)
13. Set golden crispy porkchop aside

Putting it together:
1. Set crispy porkchop on baking tray
2. Arrange tomato thingy on top of chop
3. Carefully cover the thing with mozzerella
4. Blast the chop in the oven (high heat*)
5. Wait about 8 minutes
6. When cheese browns and melt, lick lips
7. Beware of extremely hot tray
8. Remove chop and place on a plate
9. Drizzle olive oil around it
10. Take a picture then eat the delicious thing

* I hate using ovens. I have no idea what temperature to use. I just smacked it on highest heat and made sure to watch the chop. I reckon that it takes about 7-10 mins for it to be ready. You need to gazak yourself.

Labels:

Free Blog Counter