Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fly me to the moon...

Astronomy turned out to be alright. Damien insists that I over-freaked-out about it.. But seriously, Arts and Sciences is good for general knowledge, but I'm more comfortable taking exams for finance/business modules. I guess it's a good mental workout though - good to get out of my comfort zone once in a while (and when I'm on exchange). LoL.

More interestingly, I made some ham & cheese quesadilla, chicken nuggets with "salsa" and tuna pasta too. People go on exchange to party and get wasted.. I'm here to cook. What a wimp! =)

Daniel's Improv Salsa:

1. Chop up some grape/cherry tomatoes
2. Chop up garlic
4. Quarter 1 Onion
5. Cut up some streaky bacon
4. Fry onion, garlic, bacon in pan with olive oil
5. Season with salt/pepper/rosemary
6. Add in tomatoes
7. Put on the lid and boil the mix
8. Boil it for 5 min, then leave to simmer
9. Leave lid off if you want it less "wet"

Daniel's Improv Nuggets:

There's no right proportion to this... Or so I think... Just go with some agaration, using more of a particular seasoning if you like it, and less of something if you don't like it. =)

Part 1:
1. Cut up chicken thigh into bite-size chunks
2. Season chicken bits with sesame oil & pepper
3. Leave chicken to soak up flavour

Part 2:
1. Mince up a lot of garlic
2. Mince up a knob of ginger
3. Bruise and cut up rosemary
4. Mix 1,2,3 with flour, salt, pepper
5. Crush and mix everything (to flavour flour)
6. Coat chicken thigh bits with flour

Part 3:
1. Heat some oil in pan (pan fry, not deep fry)
2. Fry coated chicken bits till golden brown

Dinner is served...

Ham and Cheese Quesadillas:
1. Heat 2 ham slices in pan
2. Once browned, remove from pan
3. Sprinkle grated mozzerella cheese on ham
4. Sandwich cheese between two ham slices
5. Heat tortilla on unoiled pan on high
6. Turn over when bottom side is browned
7. Turn heat down to low
8. Sprinkle cheese on top
9. Add in ham slices and fold into half
10. Wait for cheese to melt. Serve.
Tuna Pasta
1. Sautee chopped onion and garlic in olive oil
2. Throw in tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, basil
3. Throw in tuna and add some more olive oil
4. Season to taste, and let the tuna brown a little
5. Add in pasta. Mix. Serve.

Labels:

Free Blog Counter