Sunday, December 14, 2008

Due Diligence

"I was reading the putt, a ball and a half outside right, thinking You can't control the bounces; all you can control is making a pure stroke. Go ahead and release the blade, and just make a pure stroke. If it bounces off line, so be it, you lose the U.S. Open. If it goes in, that's even better. I hit the putt, it felt pure, and I hit it just right where I wanted to. It's rolling down there, I'm just, Break . . . please break . . . break . . . not breaking . . . and then it started to barely move left, and at the very end it just dove. And as it dove, it caught the right edge of the lip and went in, and you saw me with some stupid reaction."

- Tiger Woods recounting his bumpy 12 footer to tie the US Open on the 72nd

Just do the best we can. Everything else will take care of itself.

Labels:

Free Blog Counter