The Kneedy...
So the last week or so has been extremely topsy turvy for me. I was rushed back to Singapore after I busted my knee big time skiing over Thanksgiving break. Well, not really 'over' the break lah... I mean... I busted my knee on the first day I ever skiied. I'm such a champion. Anyway, for the many who have asked, and the many who will be asking, I came back because there was simply no way I could have found my way around Cornell on crutches. Right now, you can't even walk on the sidewalks because of the snow and ice. So go figure =).
I'm still waiting for replies from my professors about my grade transfers. If I don't get to transfer my credits - I'm going to be damned. Going through ACL reconstruction for a second time was well... not something I particularly enjoyed. Dr Lee said since I'm experienced, I should recover quite quickly. Well, I still can't bend my knee more than 30degrees. Plus... the first time round, I only stayed 1 night - without Morphine. This time round, I spent 3 nights in the hospital drugged out on painkillers so much that I had an allergic reaction.
Nonetheless, it has been nice nua-ing at home, catching up on Asian Food Channel, friends and some poker with the Lim family (hey man... try staying in bed 24 hours.. you'll be tapping out!)
In the weeks past, I've also been fortunate to get through a few rounds of interviews with Y, which culminates in the final interview this coming Friday at their office. On retrospection, I think they wanted to see me after I told them I've never had a girlfriend in 23 years of my life. (They asked me if I had a girlfriend) HAHA.. I think they are worried that I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. =) Nevertheless, I'm really anxious because I so wanna nail this internship!!!!!
Got an email from campus recruitment at B for phone interviews for a Summer Intern post in 2009. I've set up the appointment - but I'm hoping that I tie Y down before that! *fingers crossed* Thank God for all that has transpired. Due to my injury, I've only managed to submit a total of 3 applications, as such, I'm really thankful for the way things have panned out.
Appointment with the doctor tomorrow to remove the stitches (hopefully) and I'll have to get my Psych101 paper done, help cousin C with Microeconomics and prepare for my interview with Y on Friday. Busy week ahead. Wish me luck.
Labels: Internship Application, Random, Singapore

<< Home